How to make Doughnuts

As a way of deviating from the "ibile"ring doughnuts I made this special tasty yummies.
Recipe:
1kg flour
3 tablespoons of yeast
250g sugar
75g of butter
2 eggs
Pinch of salt
2 cups of ordinary water
This recipe gives 20 doughnuts
Procedure
1. Combine flour, yeast, sugar, salt, egg and the water together
2. Work the butter into the dough and mix well.
3. This step determines your getting something like the one I made. Transfer the dough to your work surface, now it's time to show your kneading skill. Knead with force.....yes knead vigorously till the texture and the temperature of the dough changes from cold to warm/hot. This can take up to 15 minutes or more.
4. Once you get the warm temp, proceed to cutting the dough into 20 pieces.
5. Dust two big trays with flour.
6. Shape into ball and leave to rise for an hour on the floured trays.
7. After an hour, deep fry on low heat in a big pot and check both sides till both sides are done.
Notes.
If you ask me why cold water was used I might not be able to answer unless I ask my teacher *winks*.
Kneading vigorously helps in activating the yeast. The first time I made this type of doughnuts I didn't knead it very well which didn't make the dough rise very well.
Try and be generous with the flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the tray.
Be sure to fry on low heat to avoid "ijina ako".
If you like sugar on your donuts, sprinkle it on it while it's still very hot.
Like my blog if you like this recipe !!!!

Comments